Andre ‘s success has finally gone to his head. He actually asked me to pledge allegiance to him and kiss his ring finger. “Forget it!” I said. “Fine,” he replied and looked away. We’ll see how that goes. But he has bought 2 QiQuacs for NHC (nhc?) and several T-HRECS in the mean time.
This is a short Christmassy time update on Fathom Activities
- I just posted two Fathom Soundings you’ll want to check out:
QiQuac and T-HRECS Maintenance and Troubleshooing
WIT-HM (aka the Salt Portal) instructions
- We recently put together a short paper on AutoSalt results here: HydroSense_AutoSalt_2019. Rivetting stuff, honestly.
- There were many firmware updates in 2018 to the QiQuac. Pleaes contact us if you’d like your updated.
-Built in Grading of A,B, C with user definable thresholds.
-Summary file within the date directory, one line for each completed measurement.
-Adjust Pre-BGECT during a measurement. This is important to reduce Uncertainty and improve the measurement in the field.
-Adjust Mass during a measurement.
-A single Menu selection will now change the sample rate of both T-HRECS. 5 Seconds is adequate for most injections with pulse length > 5 mins.
- If you’ve been waiting for products, the probes are arriving next week and we should be able to start delivering by the end of the year.
- Please take the time to fill out this fun and informative survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WLK7XK5
- Fathom Scientific is the official Canadian rep for Discharge.ch. This is part of a growing trend towards non-contact image-based velocimetry. Add the channel profile and you’re in business. Current Canadian Subscribers include WSC.
And finally, if you want to a new holiday classic, watch Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas. My sister actually found it online (this is probably illegal):